Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Whoo! I suck at basketball

I play on an intramural basketball team at UNCG. My team is composed of a bunch of nerdy white grad students from the film department. We suck.
I'm tall so I play center. The other team always put their biggest beefcake defender on me, apparently under the assumption that because I'm tall I play basketball well. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I shot 0-4 from the floor (I hit the backboard once), but I did manage to get 2 rebounds in 32 minutes of action. Final score: random fraternity jocks 78, my team 8. You read that right: we lost 78-8.

But we do have a cool team name: 3-2 Pulldown. 3-2 Pulldown, in case you weren't aware, is the process by which 24 frame per second film is transferred to NTSC standard 30 frame per second video.

Sports sure are fun to watch, but hard to play. But I bet I'd totally school those fraternity jocks in a game of Jeopardy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home